Friday, February 27, 2009

Home Again!

I arrived home safely on Wednesday, after leaving Bogota on Tuesday. But let me back up a few days...
We got the school as finished as we could, and early Saturday we got to cleaning it for the dedication and open house. My morning was spent holding baby Angie, who was sent home from the hospital, but still needs lots of care. They asked the team to help with her, so they could get the other children ready for the dedication. I volunteered to help from 6-9 am, and then somebody else came over.
The dedication ceremony was wonderful. They had several of the kids tell what the school meant to them, and Ann, and Richard, and Jeanene all spoke. There was a husband and wife who were special guests, that also spoke. These people had donated much of the funds for building the school.
Then we had a big parade from the old school, to the new. With their little marching band leading the way, and the kids all walking by class. We sang the national anthems of Colombia, America, and England. And then they cut the ribbon, and people were invited in to tour the school.
Afterwards the team was invited to continue the celebration by going out for supper at a fancy restaurant. That was fun.
After church on Sunday we went to the Emerld store, and some of the people bought jewelry. I decided to wait until the next time I go to get anything.
On Monday we waited all morning for the call that the container had arrived. It was being kept at the shipping company, they had gotten it to Bogota, but weren't letting it come to CVII. So Jeanene had gone there, and finally they sent it to us, but divided out into 5 smaller trucks. When it arrived we all pitched in to get the boxes to their places. I was helping in the upper level of the garage, where the clothes, and shoes, and toys, and bedding, etc all go. The whole project took about 4 hours.
We celebrated Jeanene's birthday by making pizza for the kids. And somebody arranged for a Maranachi band to come play too. That was interesting, but of course all in spanish.
And we left on Tuesday morning. I flew in to Chicago, and then my aunt picked me up, and I spent the night with them. And flew into Rochester the next day, wit Mommy and the kids picking me up there. And I was so thankful to get to come to church that night.

No comments: