Sunday, February 8, 2009

2 Days!!!

Well it is only 2 days until I fly down to Bogota! ! ! ! ! And I am already gone from home. The weather is forecasted to really bad for travelling today and Monday, so to be sure I could actually get to the airport I had to leave yesterday. :( But I get to stay with my cousins for 3 days, so its not all bad. Haven't gotten to see them recently. :)
I will be flying out of the airport in Rochester, MN on Tuesday morning. Early. The flight will leave at 7:15 am, and I'll go to Chicago, then Miami and land in Bogota at 8:40 pm.
As the time to leave is coming closer and closer I am getting a little scared and nervous. I've never been away from home for more than a week, nor have I been this far from home. Or even to a foreign country! So I am excited and scared all at the same time. But I know it will all work out, God will take care of me. :)
There is an internet cafe' not to far from Children's Vision, that if I get the opportunity to go to I will make sure I write something here for you all. :)
I missed seeing and being able to say good bye to all my church family, but God had a purpose for me leaving earlier than planned. And who am I to argue?
Please be in prayer for me while I am at Children's Vision that God will use me for His glory. And that I will be a blessing to the children and staff.

2 comments:

Amy said...

We missed you today!!! Too bad we didn't get to say goodbye...hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Unknown said...

Cynthia! New post already! Now! Come onnnnn...! We check this like, ALLLLL the timeeeeeee!!!
Okay. I'll go now. LOVE YOU!
-Anika

PS The weather is gorgeous. I think it's supposed to get really really cold when you come back though... =P lol
<3