Saturday, March 14, 2009

Waiting for Spring

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


I am not a winter person. I would rather have it be scorching hot with lots of humidity than to be cold. Call me weird, but hey, I grew up in Phoenix, AZ and to us cold was 50 degrees. Having been in a warm country for 2 weeks in February, and getting a sunburn was a nice break from the sub zero temps we had lately. But it made me long for spring even more. Everytime people say its supposed to be cold, or snowy I just remind them that April is on its way, and anything we get now will be gone very soon. YAY!!!!! I love spring!

My favorite part of early spring is seeing and hearing black birds in the trees. On the farm all summer long we'd have huge flocks of birds in the trees. They'd sit and sing, and then all at once they would fly to another tree. The rush of their wings is one of my favorite sounds in nature. And to have them come in March and begin their summer long visit brings me hope that it will be warm soon.


The flowers appear on the earth;
the time of the singing of
birds is come,
and the voice of the turtle is heard in our land;
Song of Solomon 2:12


And he changeth the times and the seasons:
he removeth kings,
and setteth up kings:
he giveth wisdom unto the wise,
and knowledge to them that know understanding:
Deuteronomy 2:21


Then I will give you rain in due season,
and the land shall yield her increase,
and the trees of the field shall yield their fruit.
Leviticus 26:4

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

2 comments:

Daniel and Rachel said...

I agree...I'm not a winter person either. :) I can't WAIT for spring to come...although I don't agree with the hot and humid part. :) Humidity and me do NOT mix...nope.

LOL, the security word is "pings"...okay...

Sarah said...

Same here. I love the heat! (humidity isn't a love, but yeah... i'd take it over the frost bitten north.) =P I s'pose it does help when you grow up in the south. Although I'm not partial to humidity, we got more than our fair share in MS. It's a good thing AZ doesn't get terrible humidity... otherwise i don't think many people would be living there! *yikes!* =P lol.