Friday, July 10, 2009

God's Beautiful Promise


:11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all
flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither
shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth.
:12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make
between me and you and every living creature that is
with you, for perpetual generations:
:13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token
of a covenant between me and the earth.
:14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth,
that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:
:15 And I shall remember my covenant, which is between
me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters
shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh.
:16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it,
that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God
and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth.

Genesis 9:11-16


The other day we had a very hard storm come through and drench the farm. Daddy, Anika and I happened to all be out there, and had to wait out the storm in the house. We were pretty upset, because there is hay on the ground that needed to be baled the next day, that will probably be ruined now. Hay that gets wet, gets moldy and is then bad for sheep. :(

But then after the 10 minutes of rain was over we went outside and saw a beautiful sight. Just to the east of the farm was a very vivid rainbow. It was not even an eighth of a mile away. We could see the bottoms on both ends.

It was a beautiful reminder that God still cares. That he has remembered his promise that he made with the world so long ago. He will never wipe out the earth with a flood. Though rains come, and the hay is wet, his promise still holds.

I am so glad to have a God who makes and keeps his covenant promises. And remembers them in such a beautiful way.

4 comments:

Daniel and Rachel said...

The guys here have had alfalfa down for almost 2 weeks because it rains on it almost every day...so yours can't be that bad yet. :)

What a beautiful rainbow...we went to a rodeo a couple of weeks ago, and it rained on us there. After the rain, there was a full, perfect rainbow, and at one point there was a full DOUBLE rainbow!!! I sooooo wished I had a camera! They are so awe-inspiring!! Great shot. :)

Daniel said...

Did you take that picture? It's really awesome!

Cynthia said...

The only problem with wet hay, is that it loses the nutrition, and we can't feed it to the sheep. But Daddy has it worked out with his boss that when they cut their hay, we get that, and ours will go to feed the cows.

Yes, I did take it, Daniel. Thank you!

Daniel and Rachel said...

Yeah, I know about the nutrition...the problem with the guys' hay is they sell it, and the lower the feed quality the less it's worth, and the less they can sell it for...kinda stinks when it's part of making your living! :)