Monday, September 10, 2012

Haiti: Part 4

Guest House                                                                                         Friday, August 10th

I don't think I fed anymore mosquitoes last night. But I did find myself scratching all night. Now I am afraid to put bug spray one, because they are all open sores.
Anyone who complains about low water pressure should come to Haiti and shower. Today there was barely a trickle, and it was cold. The other days there was enough to wash my hair, but not today.
Also, Americans are so wasteful. We brought plastic forks and spoons with us. After using them once our natural impulse is to throw them away. But there are families who pick through the trash and use whatever they can find. So we have been reusing our plasticware, to cut back on "waste."



I could seriously cry right now. Wislin accidentally deleted all my pictures. All my pictures. From 2 days with children I will probably never see again. All the special moments, and fun pictures the kids themselves took.  I am so bummed.   But Sarah has her pictures, and Dr. Renner took some too, there are some left.

Today, Dr. Renner is doing a class on spiritual warfare for the Bible Institute. Sarah and I are just around the corner playing with Dada, Becky, Wislin and Marlie. We taught them connect the dots and tic-tac-toe. And Sarah brought a card game called "Blink."  Now they have left for lunch.

No comments: