Friday, March 23, 2012

Walking whose walk?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

He that sayeth he abideth in him ought himself also to walk, even as he walked.

1 John 2:6

When we say we are Christians, what should that look like? "I am under grace, I can live however I want." "Come as you are, we accept everyone." Not really.

Who are we aligning ourselves with? Well, "Christian" implies we are following Christ. So, as this verse says, if we say we are in Christ, we must walk as he walked.

He lived in perfect obedience to God, he had compassion on the spiritual blind and lost, as well as the physically poor. He forgave, even those who hated and murdered him. He loved his enemies enough to die for them, and in doing so, give them life in glory.

Am I living this way? Are you? I have to say, for myself, that I find myself lacking and in need of God's grace to walk as Christ walked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: