Monday, October 13, 2008

A Happy Belated Birthday to my Dear Sister!!!!


I am going to take this moment to inform my readers that my little, baby, so young sister has turned 16, and is no longer a baby sister!!!!
Katrina Irene Larson, born October 11th 1992. So long ago, yet not really.
This beautiful gal is so wonderfully creative, you can call me the green eyed monster! (please dont!) She plays the piano by ear, and is learning the violin. AND she learned to sing harmony all by herself. (As I write this she is playing her own arrangement of "Battle Hymn of the Republic") Katrina is the best artist I know. Just a few weeks ago she took her photography exhibit and recreated it with pencil! Also Katrina is the one to go to if you want your hair or nails done up all purty.



It wasn't all that long ago that I called her "Mousey" and "Shrimp", but she is no longer either.
She has developed into a very distinct individual and is now taller (and stronger) than me. It won't be long and she'll graduate. And get a job. And then some dude will come along and want to court her. And she'll get married. and. okay I'm gonna stop, this is making me cry.










I am so blessed to call her my sister.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Aww!! Happy Birthday Katrina!!! Man you look so much older! =D I am so blessed to have you as my friend. You are such a wonderful person to be with. We have so much fun together! (esp. washing dishes, right?) LOL. I still can't believe you're 16!!! Thank you for being such an AWESOME friend! God bless you and give you a beautiful new year... Sweet Sixteen!! Whoohoo! (I loved that year!) Happy Birthday again!

(p.s. Stay close to your brother when you go out of the house! It's a dangerous world out there! LOL.) Luv you!!!

Amy said...

Cynthia, I didn't know that you had a blog!!! It looks beautiful and promising.......and happy birthday, Katrina!! Sweet 16.....hope it brings blessings for you!!! *grin*